Taking this grim look into account, the BOT also decided that if we are to adapt to climate change, we need to create a new way to celebrate Independence Day, come up with a new tradition, and have a contest of ideas. The BOT had a lot of fun brainstorming, but quickly realized that better ideas would come from our community.
Therefore, the criteria for the Nederland Fourth of July Celebration Idea Contest:
- It must occur on the Fourth of July, at dusk (sunset is at 8:30 pm in July)
- It must be located near the shores of the Barker Meadow Reservoir
- It must celebrate independence in a Nederland way, or be somewhat patriotic.
- It must not be flammable.
- It must be sustainable and adaptable to climate change.
Please submit your concise idea in the "Post a Comment" section below: